20 Tips On How to Lose Arm Fat … Fast
Table of Contents
Say bye to those giggly arms!
Whether you’re a man or woman, arm fat is a plague.
But for women, it’s a HUGE pain.
Especially during the spring and summer months when it’s time to wear tank tops, sleeveless clothes, and bathing suits!
If you’re one of the lucky ones who have a ton of self-confidence and could care less what anyone else thinks …
… more power to you.
But if you’re a little self-conscious, you’re probably trying to figure out how to lose arm fat fast.
Most of the information you’ll find will typically involve full body work outs, strengthening of other body parts, and crazy diets.
There’s a reason for that.
You simply can’t target your arms alone and hope to lose the fat.
If you want to lose it quickly, you’re going to have to burn the fat from other areas of your body as well.
So, how do you get rid of them?
Diets and exercises.
Here’s a list of 20 diets and exercises that will definitely help you lose that arm fat along with other parts of your body.
Don’t give up on these exercises.
If you want results, you REALLY need to push yourself.
Reduce Your Caloric Intake
– It goes without saying, if you want to lose weight, you need to watch what you eat.Less calories in, more calories out. Easier said than done … but it is the basic foundation to weight loss. We know it’s unrealistic to keep track of your caloric intake …… who really has the time? If you can’t, just try to stick with some of the additional tips …
Cut Down on Sugar
– Sugar is a major culprit in weight gain.Cut down your sugar intake and watch your fat disappear … this is an absolute fact. Chocolates, sodas, ice cream … we all love them and know just how hard they are to resist, especially when they’re so readily available but they are literally fat injections. Substitute them if you can or just choose an option that contains less sugar.It’s hard at first but just think of it this way but once you get closer to your goal, it’ll get a lot easier to ignore all of the temptations and you’ll look and feel A LOT better.
- Pushups – Pushups are known to be one of the best ways to tighten and develop triceps and although pushups themselves don’t burn fat, they do help your body burn calories which promote fat loss. Your pecs, delts, and abs are all affected in addition to your triceps.There are different variations of the exercise so try them all if you can but studies have shown that triangle pushups stimulate triceps the most. Other pushups you can try are ”uneven” and “side-crawl” pushups.
- Dips – Dips are another great way to get your arms toned and help you burn that fat away. You can use a weight bench but if you don’t have access to one, you can use a chair or just use the floor.Like pushups, there are different variations of dips that can be done so choose one you’re comfortable with and make sure you perform complete repetitions.
- Kickbacks – Kickbacks or extensions are one of the most effective arm extension exercises. At of all triceps exercises, kickbacks stimulate the triceps the most.Ideally, you’ll want to use dumbbells but if you don’t have any, you can use a resistance band, brick, bottle of water, can of soup, or anything else you can hold in your hand that will bear enough weight for resistance.
- Standing/Sitting Dumbbell Overhead Triceps Extensions – All you need to do for this exercise is start from a seated or standing position, hold the dumbbell with both hands over your head and slowly lower the weight behind your head and bring it back up.
- One-Arm Dumbbell Triceps Extension – This is routine is similar to the two handed triceps extension, only you use one hand.
- Run/jog – If you’re not already a runner, you should start as it is an excellent cardiovascular exercise. But jogging in itself can be a slow calorie burner …… so if you want quicker results, try to throw in a little interval training. Meaning … sprint … for a couple blocks or a mile … then jog … then sprint again.Intensity is key here (as it is in every exercise).
- Pullups – Pullups are a great exercise for the back, shoulders, and arms and are fantastic for strength training. It’s not the easiest for beginners so if you haven’t done them before, use a chair or something to elevate you for support. Do these enough times and you’ll feel the difference in your chest and triceps.
- Bicep Curls – If you dumbbells, then this exercise is a must. It helps tone and strengthens your arms and when you’re working your triceps, you should target your biceps as well to keep your arms proportioned.
- Jumping – That’s right … jumping. Jumping is a fantastic form of cardio and it helps. We’re not talking about little bunny hops, however. We mean jumping in place as high and as fast as you can.
- Single Arm Lateral Raise from Pushup Position – Starting from the push up position, you’re going to raise one arm to the side. Switch sides. This exercise is great for chest, arms, and abs.
- Squat Jump – Squat jumps give you powerful legs as well as melt the fat from your body. You can also perform box squat jumps which follow the same motion. Place a seat or box for you to sit that is low enough to place your thighs parallel with the ground. Like jumping, they’re both considered a type of plyometrics, a type of exercise that give you power, speed, and explosiveness.
- Step Up Jumps – Another plyometrics routine that builds strength and power as well shed the fat. Just elevate the height to raise the level of difficulty.
- Caffeine – Caffeine provides you the with extra energy you’ll need to push yourself through intense workouts. A study conducted by the National Institute of Health showed that subjects that consumed more caffeine lost more weight, fat mass, and waist circumference.
- Water – Studies have shown people who drink before every meal lost more weight than those who didn’t. They say that it’s difficult for the body to distinguish between thirst and hunger. For those who just continue to eat will obviously gain weight but if you drink water, you’ll know shortly after whether it truly is hunger or thirst saving some added calories.
- Eat Beans – Beans are an excellent source of protein and fiber …… and they sustain you for a while which makes them a perfect addition to your weight loss diet.
- Burpees – Burpees are just one of those exercises that people love to hate. They work out virtually every muscle which helps you burn a boat load of calories through continuous use. Increase endurance, speed, and strength. Increase the intensity by doing them more quickly and really watch the calories burn.
- Low/High Plank Oblique Tuck (Knee to elbow) – This is an ab and core crusher and fantastic for weight loss. Try to include this exercise with every routine you do along with a reduction in your caloric/sugar intake and you will noticeably see and feel your core and abs tighten.
- Bear Crawls – It may look a bit ridiculous and crazy but this is a great exercise that hits the whole body. Especially your upper body, where it sculpts shoulders and arms and strengthens your core. Do this routine in 60 second intervals and you’ll be on a quick track to fat loss.